THE HELM APARTMENT HOMES LEASING GUIDELINES
1. APPLICATION PROCESS IS BASED ON THREE PARTS:
a. Employment verification and/or income verification
b. Present/previous landlord verification/mortgage verification
c. Credit history and criminal background check
2. APPLICANT MUST BE (21) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER
3. MUST SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION:
a. Two (2) forms of proof of income
b. Must show photo ID to submit application
c. Application fee – if applicable
4. RENT SHALL NOT EXCEED 30% OF MONTHLY INCOME
5. MUST SUBMIT A HOLDING FEE OF $500.00 TO HOLD AN APARTMENT:
The Holding Fee of $500.00 is non-refundable after (5) days. Holding Fee is refundable ONLY when: (a) application has been denied OR (b) the apartment is not available upon scheduled delivery date OR (c) applicant cancels in WRITING within (5) days of submitting an application..
6. RENTER’S INSURANCE IS REQUIRED – Minimum of $500,000 liability insurance must be maintained for the duration of residency.
7. TENANT’S ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL UTILITIES. (Electric, gas heat, cable, telephone, etc.)
8. ONCE APPROVED: Applicant must sign their lease at least three (3) days prior to move in date. Applicant will need the following documentation at lease signing: (a) Delmarva account number for gas heat (b) METER deposit receipt from Municipal Services for electric service and (c) proof of renters insurance.
9. ANYONE (18) OR OLD: that will be listed as an occupant on the lease must submit an application for the leaseholders file. All persons (18) or older must be screened before residing in our community. Management reserves the right to deny an application if a criminal record is found. Anyone moving onto the property without our approval or consent will be considered UNAUTHORIZED and will be asked to leave immediately.